Vanesa Muñoz


Vanessa Muñoz is a photographer,editor and writer who thinks that life put her in the photography way for the strangest and most interesting reasons. In her words: "A good photograph is not one that requires lots of knowledge and equipment, but one that captures a thought, a feeling, a moment in time, my time, and as a result is a visual manifestation of my world". Those manifestations end up becoming really admirable photos. Anyway, her opinion about other subjects towards photograph, you guys can know by the interview below =D

Vanessa Muñoz é uma fotógrafa, editora e escritora que pensa que a vida a colocou no caminho da fotografia pelas mais estranhas e interessantes razões. Em suas palavras: "Uma boa fotografia não é aquela que exige muito conhecimento e equipamentos, mas uma que capte um pensamento, um sentimento, um momento no tempo, meu tempo, e como resultado é uma manifestação visual do meu mundo". Essas manifestações acabam por se tornar fotos realmente admiráveis. Enfim, sua opinião acerca de outros temas sobre fotografia, vocês podem saber pela entrevista abaixo = D



 

The classic question: What inspires you?
Songs, life situations, people I love, and of course, what I see in the people I photograph. 

Throughout your years as a photographer, have you achieved the goals you had at the begining of your career?
I never really had any particular goal when I started photography, as I started doing it as a hobby. I do it for a living now, but my only true goal is to be able to continue doing my thing, keeping the freedom to work according to my own style and what inspires me, and also to continue learning at all times.
I am not nearly where I want to be in terms of technique. I still have an infinite amount of things to learn in order to produce the images I have in my mind, so my goal now is to organize my life in a way that allows me to learn to do that. 

Do you have some photograph plans that you haven`t had time to materialize them yet?
Definitely. I want to put together an art book divided by series. I want to put together an exhibit before the end of this year. And I also want to go to Russia to learn PS and Illustrator techniques with a couple of photographers I truly admire. 

Is there an unforgettable person that modeled for you? What she/he had in special?
I have many. I tend to never forget the people I photograph, because I try to get to know them first, I try to make a connection in order to be able to portray "my version" of them, how I see them... But I can tell you without a doubt my favorite model is my friend Cordelia Garza. She's incredibly outgoing and confident.

What made you decide that photograph was what you wanted for the rest of your life?
Hmm... I haven't decided that yet :)  Photography is what I do right now, and it happened by chance, life put me where I am for the strangest and most interesting reasons, and I'm incredibly grateful for it. I do photography because it's what I love and what helps me express myself. As long as it continues to be that way, I will continue to do it. If one day that turns into something else, I will pursue it in the same way I have pursued anything that has inspired me up to this point. 

In your opinion, what a photographer has to be to take good pictures?
A good sense of aesthetics is basic, but to me in order to be good you have to connect with your subject, no matter if it's a person or a landscape, and show your own view of that specific subject, in your own style, without trying to emulate anyone. 

What kind of people do you find interesting to photograph?
People who aren't afraid to show their soul in a look. Kids are perfect for that, so I find kids incredibly interesting.  

As a photographer, what pleases you?
Good natural light, a minimalistic setting, and an interesting subject. 

Craig Schlewitz wants to know: If money weren't a problem, what piece of camera equipment would you buy?
I'm happy to say I have just the camera I love and need, which is a Nikon D3x. I'd love to buy a Leica S2 in the future.

Tell me: a music, a book, a movie and a quotation
song: "Soul meets body" by  Death Cab For Cutie.
book: Great expectations", by Charles Dickens.
movie: "Amelie"
quote: "The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens", Rilke.
 
_____________________________________
A pergunta clássica: O que te inspira?
Músicas, situações da vida, pessoas que amo e claro, o que eu vejo nas pessoas que fotografo.

Ao longo dos seus anos como fotógrafa, você conseguiu atingir os objetivos que tinha no começo da sua carreira?
Eu não tinha um objetivo em particular quando comecei a fotografar, já que tudo começou como um hobby. Eu faço para viver agora, mas meu único verdadeiro objetivo é ser capaz de continuar fazendo minha coisa, mantendo a liberdade para trabalhar de acordo com meu próprio estilo e o que me inspira. E também, continuar  aprendendo a todo o momento.
Eu não estou nem perto de onde eu queria estar em termos de técnica. Eu ainda tenho uma quantia infinita de coisas para aprender a fim de produzir imagens que eu tenho em mente, então meu objetivo agora é organizar minha vida de um jeito que me permita aprender a fazer isso.

Você tem algum plano na fotografia que você ainda não teve tempo de materializar?

Definitivamente. Eu quero montar um livro de artes dividido por séries, uma exposição antes do final deste ano e ir para a Rússia aprender PS e técnicas do Illustrator com um casal de fotógrafos que eu realmente admiro.

Existe alguma pessoa inesquecível que posou para você? O que ele/ela tinha de especial?
Eu tenho muitas. Eu tendo a nunca esquecer as pessoas que fotografo, porque tento conhece-las primeiro, tento fazer uma conexão a fim de ser capaz de retratar a “minha versão” delas, como eu as vejo... Porém, posso te dizer, sem dúvida, que minha modelo favorita é minha amiga Cordelia Garza. Ela é incrivelmente extrovertida e confiante. 

O que te fez decidir que fotografia era o que você queria para o resto da sua vida?
Hmm... Eu ainda não decidi :) Fotografia é o que eu faço agora e aconteceu por acaso, a vida me colocou onde estou pelos mais estranhos e interessantes motivos e eu sou incrivelmente grata por isso. Eu fotografo porque é o que eu amo e o que ajuda a me expressar. Contanto que continue sendo desse jeito, vou continuar a fazer. Se algum se tornar outra coisa, vou perseguir do mesmo jeito que persegui qualquer coisa que me inspirou até esse ponto.

Em sua opinião, o que um fotógrafo tem que ser para tirar boas fotos?
Um bom senso de estética é básico, mas para mim, para ser bom você tem que se conectar com o seu sujeito, não importa se é uma pessoa ou uma paisagem e mostrar sua própria visão daquele sujeito específico no seu próprio estilo sem tentar emular ninguém.

Que tipo de pessoa você acha interessante fotografar?
Pessoas que não tem medo de mostrar sua alma em uma olhada. Crianças são perfeitas para isso, então acho crianças incrivelmente interessantes.

Como fotógrafa, o que te satisfaz?
Boa luz natural,um cenário minimalista e um assunto interessante.

Craig Schlewitz quer saber: Se dinheiro não fosse um problema, qual equipamento para câmera você compraria?
Eu estou feliz em dizer que eu tenho a câmera que eu amo e preciso que é uma Nikon D3x. Eu adoraria comparar uma Leica S2 no futuro.

Diga-me: uma música, um livro, um filme e uma citação
Música: “Soul meets body” do Death Cab for Cutie
Livro: “Grandes esperanças” do Charles Dickens
Filme: “Amelie”
Citação: “O futuro entra em nós, a fim de transformar-se em nós, muito antes de isso acontecer”





 Vanessa's links:
Website
Flickr

8 comentários:

  1. My favorite is the woman in the water with the red scarf! These pictures are amazing and there is a lot of emotion in the people's faces.

    -Amanda
    http://www.amandasphotogarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. muito bacana a entrevista, já havia visto algumas dessas forografias mas não sabia quem era o fotografo!
    incrivel o trabalho dela, beeijo grande

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fotos absolutamente perfeitas! Gostei bastante do trabalho dela e ótima entrevista!
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, nice blog! This photos are just... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww, cool pictures girl! I love the kids ones!


    Have a great week!! =)
    ME,

    PS: I posted a new outfit, hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're right, these photos ARE JUST AMAZING!

    BTW, I’m your big fan – your style is really original and I read your blog very often and I just wonder..if we could follow each other.. But even if your answer is “no” I’ll be still your reader <3

    xoxo

    chocarome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

About